Monday, March 16, 2009

Sweet 'n Low


In our kitchen, we have those three canisters. We keep flour in the big one, sugar in the medium sized one, and Sweet ‘n Low packets in the smaller one. My wife will only use Sweet ‘n Low. She refuses to use Splenda or Equal. She will also only drink Diet Coke. Never, ever offer Diet Pepsi, unless you want her to make that face. You know that face, the one that looks like you just offered her to drink sour milk. Anyway, a couple months ago, we realized that our Sweet ‘n Low canister was empty. We needed to replenish. We don’t buy Sweet ‘n Low at the grocery store, but we make a special trip to Sam’s. Did you know the Sam’s pink Sweet ‘n Low box holds 1500 packets? 1500!

Well, we bought it. We now have a few years worth of Sweet ‘n Low, since we probably go thru about a dozen packets a week. When we got home, we promptly filled the canister up. And all was well in the Sanchez homestead once again, or so I thought.

A few days later, I went into our laundry room, where along with our washer and dryer, and other laundry essentials, we store other items that don’t fit into our pantry. I forget exactly what I was looking for, but I came across a pink box on the left side of the laundry room. It wasn’t the one we had purchased, because that one was still on the counter. (I hadn’t had a chance to put it up yet.) I reached into the pink box and found it to be more than ¾ full! I would guesstimate that we now have approximately 2700 Sweet ‘n Low packets in our home.

But, wait it gets better! I noticed that a couple weeks into our new box, there were several packets that were either completely empty or not the correct amount of product. I don’t know what got into me, but I decided to let the folks at Sweet ‘n Low know of this shortfall. I googled them and emailed them a very nice letter informing them first and foremost, we are very loyal Sweet ‘N low patrons. I even let them know we have tried other sugar substitutes, but have always returned to them. I then informed them of our problem and wanted them to check with their Quality Control people.

The next day I received a reply from Quality Control thanking me for the heads up. They also informed me that they were going to send me another box of 1500 count Sweet ‘n Low! A week later, I received my prize along with several coupons on my next purchase of Sweet ‘n Low. I will never, ever be able to redeem those coupons, as I now have over 4200 pink packets.

This all reminds me how God is with us. He never, ever just gives you with what you need, but gives you an abundance. I was reading in John 21, where the disciples are fishing and aren’t catching anything and Jesus appears to them. He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish. (John 21:6)

God loves you so much; He makes sure you are well taken care of. My prayer for you today is you will see His provision in you life.

And if you ever are in need of some Sweet ‘n Low, just ask. Grace be with you today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Jackie Gleason would say, "How sweet it is!". BTW, can I borrow a couple of hundred packets.

Ernie Carrasco said...

One thing about God's blessings . . . they aren't artificial sweetener, they're the real thing!

Great article! Blessings.