Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pull It Over

A couple of days ago, while I was driving home from work. I had stayed late so it was about 1:10am. I came up to the light when I saw a Dallas police car there. I came up beside him and proceeded after the light turned green. I was doing the speed limit and after about a mile, the police car came up behind me and turned on his lights. I was wondering what was going on, so I just pulled over. I did what I was told to do years ago when you're pulled over. I placed both hands on the steering wheel and waited. Since I have tinted wind0ws in the back so I also rolled down the back windows so the police can look back there. One of the officer came up beside me and asked the standard question, "Sir, do you know why we pulled you over?" Of course i said, "No, Sir." He then replied, "The reason we pulled you over is because the license plate on this vehicle belongs to a Chevolet." I drive a Ford Expedition. I was taken aback and answered, "I beg your pardon?" He then asked for registration and my driver's license. I handed over more than enough documentation. His partner asked how long I had had this vehicle. I told him we had bought it new, since 2002. He asked if we had ever had personalized plates on it before. I responded no. They asked me to wait and they would run all my info. After about ten minutes or so, they came back saying they had made a mistake and ran the wrong plate number. They apologized and let me continue on home.

This is the first time in over five years I've been pulled over, and I can't remember the time before that. It's funny that even though I hadn't done anything wrong, I was still nervous. Those bright lights and two men with guns...


I hope you have a good week. Blessings!

No comments: